SAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
B 1/I-1 Mohan Cooperative Industrial Area
New Delhi - 110 044
Telephone: +91-11-4053 9222
(For more efficient and expedient handling of your request, please include exact name, contact information, and, if possible, account number(s), (if any).)
What we collect
We may collect information from users in a variety of ways, including but not limited to, when you visit our site, interact with us and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site. We require you to submit the following information in case you register with us for email alerts, request services or information, participate in surveys, access special areas on our site.
- mailing address
- email address
- telephone number
- courses you teach or study
- the institution(s) and departments at which you are based
- level of study
In addition we may also employ "cookies":
- To store preferences
- To collect domain name
- Record session information, such as items that you may add to your shopping cart, and track activity at our websites.
- To store the name of the web page you used to connect to our web site.
- IP address for systems administration and troubleshooting
- demographic information for user profiling in aggregate form
- To provide you with more relevant products, services and information, both on our website through personalized pages and by email where you have opted in to receiving further information from us.
- technical administration of the website
- research and development
- to provide you with products and services you have requested from us (including free trials, book orders and email product alert services)
What we don't do
- We do not use Cookie technology to harvest email addresses or other personal information.
- If you have registered on one of our sites, we will not sell, rent, swap, or authorize any third party outside of the SAGE publications group to use your email address or any information that personally identifies you without your affirmative permission.
Disclosure of Personal Data
SAGE currently does not sell or rent any personally identifiable information to Third Parties outside the SAGE Publications group of companies. We do occasionally, upon a careful consideration, exchange postal information within our own group of companies when we feel products and services may be of specific interest to you. SAGE may also disclose overlays of customers' purchasing behaviours and customer data in aggregate form to marketing/industry research firms, associations, and business partners.
Additionally, we may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is reasonably necessary to: comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms of business, protect our rights and those of our users, or with your consent.
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
SAGE uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial information, we redirect visitors to a secure server and will notify visitors that they are on a secure server. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you on our site. All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors' personal data. We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to state institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
Links to Other Sites
If we make changes to this policy we will detail them on this page. If it is appropriate we may provide you with details by email; we suggest that you regularly visit this page to see any changes or updates to this policy.
This policy was last updated in 21 January, 2019.
Your acceptance of these terms
We reserve the right to monitor your use of the site to determine if you are complying with our terms and the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site.